Sunday, January 9, 2011

You know you've grown up when you...

Saw 40-50% off on all already reduced items on clothes. Beautiful, gorgeous clothes. You let your hands touch the soft, silky top, and gleaming with happiness (quietly) when you saw the price tag. Made a mental note to self: MUST.GET.THIS but then you walk away thinking, I'll come back if I don't find anything else better.

Then you saw 30-40% off on regular priced items on Corningware. Clean, white, heavy stoneware casserole dish. You go mad. You immediately call out your husband, of course with gleaming with happiness face again and say, "Can we buy this please pretty please? I can use this to put my roast chicken!" And make some hand gesture, for him to visualize and said, "Cantikkan?" And finally, made the purchase without making a mental note! And I even throw in a bath towel while I'm on my way to the counter. Crazy.

I drooled in front of beautiful, delicate china today. And hubby went, "Hah. Teringin lah tu." Just as how I used to do in front of shoes. Funny how things go around.

Of course, I'd be lying if I say I didn't browse on clothes etc at all. But all I did was just browse. But when it comes to other things, the things my girlfriend once said to me, "Oh lepas kawin mmg akan tgk barang rumah je eh?" things, I'll go mad and just buy without even thinking. Sometimes. I always have excuses like, I need this for this... or we dont have that yet... Excuses that I used to use when I want to buy more clothes, more shoes and more bags. Hahaha

To tell you the truth, Im more than happy to spend my money on the home wares and kitchenwares nowadays. I do feel sad, like Ive lost some part of me, of who I used to be. Dont get me wrong, I still do shop, all the girly stuff, but I still have to buy other things too. Imagine half of the things I brought back from our holiday trip last month was spatulas, wok, dish brush, spoons, aprons, tea towel among other things. Weird, no?

But all in good cause.

Yesterday, we went out and did our regular Saturday routine. Berjalan-jalan tanpa hala tuju, "window shop" and what not. When we got home, hubby said, "Tengok, semua barang-barang awk je ni ha" "E ehh. Tadi beli barang-barang jahit, and bath mat je tau. Untuk guest toilet. You see there? I spent my money for our house, bukan untuk diri sendiri." And believe it or not, I did not even step into a single shop that sells clothes, shoes or bags! Bravo to me!

But then again, I do make some "little"purchases to indulge myself once in a while teheeeee ;)
I may have grown up a little bit, but Im still a girl ;)

2 comments:

Aisyah Pahmi said...

kalong this is sweet :')

Sarah said...

Really? Haha! Thanks sweetie pie...